Dermal Fillers Perth
Skin Resus is a specialist dermal fillers clinic based in Perth
- Dermal fillers are great for filling and treating deep lines and wrinkles, restoring facial volume, lip enhancement or augmentation and cheek enhancement.
- Typical areas treated include lips, cheeks, chin, temples, naso-labial lines or folds, marionette lines, under eye area (tear trough), mouth corners and hands.
- The down time required for this procedure is usually none, although bruising can occasionally occur.
- Results tend to last 6 - 18 months, depending on the product used, area treated and the individual response.
- Dermal fillers are also known as injectable facial fillers, injectable cosmetic filler, wrinkle fillers, wrinkle injections, wrinkle treatment, facial injections, lip filler, lip augmentation, non-surgical facelift, liquid facelift, and filler.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are soft tissue fillers injected into the skin to help fill in facial wrinkles, leaving skin with a smoother appearance. The most common filler we use is made of a substance that naturally occurs in the skin. These fillers are man-made, animal-free and allergy free, and are broken down by the body over time. As we’re located in Perth, we operate according to Australian TGA regulations which prevent us from publishing online the dermal fillers we use. If you would like more information, call us and talk to one of our friendly team on 9284 0900.
Dermal fillers are ideal for replacing lost volume in the face, and for the treatment of frown lines, deep smile lines at the side of the mouth (naso-labial lines), lines from the mouth to the chin (marionette lines) and the small vertical lines on the upper lip (often called smoker's lines). Fillers are also perfect for boosting lip areas where shape and definition have been lost, or for those who would like fuller lips.
Before and After Dermal Filler Treatments*
*Individual results may vary
What is a dermal filler treatment like?
Treatment with dermal fillers is a quick and easy process which usually takes about 30 minutes. The filler is injected into the skin in small amounts with a very fine needle, producing volume under the skin and helping to reshape facial contours. Most people find the injections painless, though local anaesthetic may be used when necessary.
When will I see the results?
Results can be seen immediately after treatment, though some swelling and bruising may be present for a few days after. If you are prone to bruising, there's a few things you can do before your treatment to minimise this, so be sure to ask us about it when you book.
Makeup can be applied right away (we'll be happy to apply it for you) so you can walk out looking and feeling great.
How long do dermal fillers last?
We don't use or recommend permanent fillers, at Skin Resus, due to the potential problems associated with them. Instead, we use non-animal fillers with a highly proven record (almost 20 years) of safety and efficacy. Unlike the old collagen fillers, modern dermal fillers are allergy-free, and are broken down and metabolised by the body over time. How long they last depends on the product used and the area treated. Lip augmentation usually lasts about 6 months, while other areas can last up to 18 months. Your metabolic rate can also have an impact on this. Those with a fast metabolism will tend to need re-treatment sooner than those with slower metabolisms.
Will the Results Look Natural?
Yes. While dermal fillers can sometimes have a reputation for being overdone, at Skin Resus, our practitioners specialise in beautiful, subtle treatments. The recent Proof in Real Life campaign featuring Sharon Stone highlights just how natural-looking the results with dermal fillers can be. 10 sets of identical twins were recruited for the campaign, and only one of them was treated. Check out some of the images on our Proof in Real Life page, or go to the Proof in Real Life website for the full story.
Are there any side effects from dermal fillers?
Treatment with a dermal filler is very safe, but occasional side effects can occur. These include:
- Redness and swelling around the injection site
- Bruising can occur at the injection point and can occasionally be quite marked
- Additional treatment may be needed to achieve the desired result
- Infection is very rare, but is possible with any procedure that pierces the skin
- Other very rare complications can occur. These will be discussed during your consultation.
For more information about dermal fillers, visit our Perth clinic for a free consultation with one of our Registered Nurses.
Want to know more? Ask us a question.