IPL Skin Rejuvenation Treatments Perth
Specialist IPL Skin Rejuvenation Clinic – Perth
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation is great for sun damage, pigmentation (including freckles, sun and age spots), broken capillaries (telangectasia), rosacea and redness, collagen stimulation and general rejuvenation.
- Areas typically treated include the face, neck, chest (decolletage), shoulders and hands.
- Associated down time with this treatment ranges from 0 - 14 days, depending on the pigment present and area treated.
- The results achieved are long-lasting, but individual results may vary. Many clients like to have a treatment annually for the collagen stimulation effects.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation is also known as Intense Pulsed Light Rejuvenation, Photo Rejuvenation, Laser Rejuvenation, Photofacial, Fotofacial and IPL Rejuvenation.
What is IPL Skin Rejuvenation?
Before and after IPL Skin Rejuvenation*
What can IPL Photo Rejuvenation treat?
We are all born with clear, smooth skin but over time, sun exposure, ageing and some lifestyle factors cause a range of blemishes to appear. Pigmentation, broken capillaries and redness are common, and these are very well treated by IPL Rejuvenation in our Perth clinics.
Sun spots, age spots and freckles, respond very well to Skin Resus IPL Rejuvenation, and generally more than 95% fading is achieved. IPL removes the areas of excess pigmentation leaving the skin smooth and even in colour. The pigmented spot gradually darkens after the treatment, so that by the next day it can look like tea leaves sprinkled across the treated area. These spots then get a drier and rougher before flaking off after 7 - 14 days, depending on the area treated. After IPL rejuvenation, freckles on the face flake off quite quickly and most are gone after a week, while spots on the hands and chest can take up to three weeks to completely go.
Broken Capillaries and Redness
IPL Skin Rejuvenation, which is offered in our Perth clinic, is very effective in treating the skin’s broken capillaries, rosacea and general redness. IPL Skin Rejuvenation can eliminate vascular spots and capillaries in one to three treatments. In many cases the treated vessels will disappear immediately. Other times they can shrink and go slightly dusky in colour. These will then fade over the next 4 - 5 days. Very occasionally, a small bruise can occur at the site. While many broken capillaries will respond to a single IPL treatment, Rosacea and general redness will always require a course of treatments to achieve the desired result. As with all treatments for Rosacea, the aim of IPL Rejuvenation is to manage rather than cure.
In addition to eliminating blemishes, IPL acts on the skin's dermis to stimulate collage production. The result is a reduction in fine lines and long-term improvements to the tone and texture of your skin. It's not a face-lift, but your friends will definitely notice that your skin is looking lovely and fresh. There is also very good evidence to show that regular IPL Rejuvenations (one or two every year) can reduce and delay skin ageing by reducing pigmentation, lines and wrinkles and skin laxity.
Are All IPL Treatments the Same?
What is an IPL Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Like?
Makeup can be worn throughout the entire recovery. We use and recommend Jane Iredale mineral makeup, which is safe to apply after IPL skin treatments, contains a physical SPF 20 and gives great coverage. Sunscreen and sun protection is very important. We recommend the daily use of an SPF 30+ sunscreen.
The cost of IPL Skin Rejuvenation depends on the area treated. To decide which treatment is best for you, come in for a free consultation with one of our Registered Nurses.
Does IPL Skin Rejuvenation Have Any Side Effects?
IPL Skin Rejuvenation performed in our Perth clinic is very safe, however some side effects can occur:
- Some redness or swelling may be seen after the treatment. Swelling is usually mild but in some cases can be severe.
- Crusting or blistering can occasionally be seen. This is rare but more common in darker or tanned skins.
- Hyper-pigmentation (brown spots) may occur, as can loss or reduction of pigment - both are very rare and will usually resolve within a few weeks to months.
Throw away the razors and wax pots forever with a short course of IPL hair removal. Read more about IPL Hair Removal.