Laser Tattoo Removal Perth
Specialist Tattoo Removal Clinic (Perth)
Great For Professional tattoos, amateur tattoos, cosmetic tattoos, black, red and coloured tattoos
Areas Treated All areas: face, neck, chest, back, arms, wrists, hands, legs, ankles, feet
Down Time 0 - 4 days depending on area treated. A course of 8 - 12 treatments are usually needed.
Results Duration Results are permanent but may vary from person to person.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
With the rising popularity of tattoos, there has been a equal increase in the number of people in Perth who wish to have their tattoos removed. A recent survey found that four in ten people who have tattoos regret at least one of them. Laser tattoo removal in our Perth clinic can provide the solution, by either removing the tattoo completely or fading it so that it can be tattooed over.
Our Doctors use the Revlite laser for tattoo removal in our Perth clinic. This powerful Q-switched Nd:YAG laser works by firing very high energy, short pulses of light that target the dark ink granules in the tattoo and shatters them into smaller pieces. These are then reabsorbed by the body’s immune system. This process occurs slowly over a course of laser sessions.
Before and after Revlite Laser Tattoo Removal*
*Individual results may vary
How many laser treatments will I need to remove my tattoo?
The number of treatments required in our Perth clinic depends on how dark and deep the tattoo is and the colour. Most people will need between 10 - 14 treatments, which are usually done 6 - 8 weeks apart. Amateur tattoos respond more quickly. Black and red ink is very responsive, but green and light blue are less so. Very dense tattoos, such as cover-ups, are slower, as are tattoos on the lower legs or wrist.
What is a Laser Tattoo Removal treatment like?
To make the treatment more comfortable, in our Perth clinic we recommend you apply a local anaesthetic cream like EMLA about an hour minutes before the treatment. Spread a generous layer over the tattoo and cover with Glad wrap. We will remove it just before your treatment.
The treatment itself feels like a strong pricking or flicking sensation. Small tattoos can be treated quickly, in about 10 minutes. Larger tattoos, for example, a full sleeve, may take up to an hour to treat. After the treatment the area is covered with cream and some gauze.
Alternatives to Laser Tattoo Removal
With more and more people looking to remove unwanted tattoos, alternative treatments are often promoted. Some of these include injections of substances to break up tattoo ink, IPL therapy or fading creams. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that any of these methods can effectively remove tattoos. IPL does not treat tattoos well – the risk of scarring is high and it is not very effective. Tatt2Away, Tatt-B-Gone and similar injections have a high risk of scarring. These are techniques that were used and discredited 30 years ago.
Why come to Skin Resus for your Laser Tattoo Removal?
- All treatments in our Perth clinic are done by our very experienced Cosmetic Doctors
- We use the next generation Revlite Q-switched Nd:YAG laser, used by doctors and dermatologists around the world for its effectiveness, speed and safety
- Our prices for laser tattoo removal are very affordable, starting from just $185 per treatment. And if you pre-pay for 4 treatments, you get 20% off
- Free Tattoo Removal - If you have tattoos from radiotherapy treatment, we will treat them at no charge.
Are there any side effects from Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser Tattoo Removal in our Perth Clinic is very safe, however some side effects may occur:
- Mild swelling and redness will be seen after the treatment
- After several sessions, some scabbing can be expected after the treatment.
- Occasional white spots may be seen which often re-pigment over time. Scarring occurs in a few cases (approximately 5%).
- We do not advise treatment of very new tattoos (i.e. less than 3 months old), as the risk of scarring may be higher.
- We do not advise treatment if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.