At Skin Resus, we’re a specialist lip enhancement clinic in Perth.
- Lip enhancement is also commonly referred to as lip fillers, lip augmentation, lip injections, lip rejuvenation or dermal fillers.
- Our lip enhancement treatments are great for restoring fullness, plumping thin lips and treating lip lines and smokers lines.
- Expected down time ranges from 0 - 3 days. Swelling will often be present and bruising may occur.
- The duration of results can range from 4 - 8 months, depending on the product used and the individual’s response.
What Is Lip Enhancement?
Lip enhancement is one of the most popular treatments at our Perth clinic. Having full, plump lips is often associated with youth, beauty and good health. Whether you were born with thin lips or your lips are thinning due to the natural ageing process, lip augmentation with dermal fillers is a safe and effective way to enhance them. The lip fillers we use are made of a substance that naturally occurs in the skin. They are man-made, animal-free and allergy-free, and are broken down by the body over time.
Before & After Lip Enhancement*
*Individual results may vary
What Is A Lip Enhancement Treatment Like?
When Will I See The Results?
Results can be seen immediately after lip enhancement, though some swelling and bruising may be present for a few days after. If you are having lip enhancement done for a special event, we recommend that you do this at least 4 weeks before. If you are prone to bruising, there's a few things you can do before your treatment to minimise this - see below for our top tips to minimise bruising.
How Long Does Lip Enhancement Last?
Are There Any Side Effects From A Lip Enhancement Treatment?
Lip enhancement treatment is very safe, but occasional side effects can occur. These include:
- Redness and swelling around the injection site.
- Bruising can occur at the site of the injections and can occasionally be quite marked.
- Additional treatment may be needed to achieve the desired result.
- Infection is very rare, but is possible with any procedure that pierces the skin.
- Other very rare complications can occur. These will be discussed during your consultation.
Come into our Perth clinic for a free consultation with one of our Registered Nurses. Or contact us on 9284 0900 for more information on dermal filler treatment.
How To Minimise Bruising Before Cosmetic Injections
1 week before treatment:
Stop taking Aspirin (unless medically prescribed), Ibuprofen, vitamin E, gingko biloba, fish oil, green tea, St John's Wort or other anti-inflammatory medications. these can increase the chance of bruising.
3 days before treatment:
Taking Arnica tablets (a natural supplement available at chemists and health food stores) before and after treatment has been shown to decrease bruising
24 hours before treatment :
DO NOT drink alcoholic beverages.