Wrinkle Relaxers Perth
Specialist Wrinkle Relaxer Clinic Perth
- Wrinkle relaxers are also commonly referred to as wrinkle muscle relaxers, wrinkle treatments, anti-wrinkle injections.
- Relaxer treatments are ideal for any lines or wrinkles that are caused by movement.
- Usual areas treated include frown lines, smile lines, crows' feet, forehead lines, smokers' lines, frown line bunny lines, and gummy smile.
- The treatment usually requires no down time, although you can get an occasional bruise.
- The duration of results varies depending on the individual response, but wrinkle relaxers usually last 3 - 5 months.
What are wrinkle relaxers?
As we age, our skin loses the ability to 'bounce back' from facial expressions, meaning expression lines such as frown lines, crows feet and smokers' lines become more obvious. Wrinkle relaxers contain a naturally-occurring protein extract that is injected into facial muscles to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines. They work by temporarily blocking the impulse from the nerve to the muscle. There is a reason that wrinkle relaxers are the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure in the world - they are quick, safe and they work. Unsurprisingly, they are also one of the most popular treatments in our Perth clinic.
In Australia, TGA regulations prevent us from naming the anti-wrinkle treatments we use online. If you would like more information, call us on 9284 0900 and talk to one of our friendly team today.
Before and after wrinkle relaxers*
*Individual results may vary
What is a wrinkle relaxer treatment like?
Wrinkle treatments in our Perth clinic are very easy. After discussing your concerns and agreeing on a treatment plan, the area is gently cleaned. Then a series of tiny injections are placed in the area where lines occur. This is quick and fairly painless. The maximum effect takes a few days to reach and results will usually last 3 - 4 months, though this can be longer or shorter depending on the individual response. If treatment is stopped, the muscle’s actions always return to normal.
Will my face look frozen after wrinkle relaxers?
No. In our Perth clinic, our Doctors and Nurses specialise in subtle treatments which dramatically reduces lines while still allowing some movement. As we say about all cosmetic injections, "the ones you notice are the bad jobs".
Are wrinkle relaxers right for me?
- Are the lines most obvious when you make the expression, e.g. frowning, smiling, raising brows or pursing lips? In this case, wrinkle relaxers can offer a safe and effective solution. Call and talk to our team to find out more.
- Are the lines there when your face is resting? In this case, wrinkle relaxers alone will not remove the lines, though they will reduce them. To treat these lines, we would use dermal fillers. A combination is often advised, with the dermal filler used to plump the deeper lines and the wrinkle relaxer preventing new lines.
- Still not sure? To get the best advice on the right treatment for you, come in for a free consultation with one of our Registered Nurses.
If you would like a more permanent solution to lines and wrinkles, go to our Laser Resurfacing page.